Aims, Vision and Ethos
Pinner Park Primary School is maintained by the London Borough of Harrow and currently provides education for children aged 3 – 11 years.
- To offer high quality learning opportunities to all members of the school community which scaffolds their early steps and challenges them to achieve beyond their expectations;
- That all learners develop a sensitive understanding of the world around them and recognise the contribution they bring to the school and local community;
- That each child should begin to form a set of reasoned attitudes, values and beliefs and be able to make positive contributions. We expect them to respect themselves and others, realise the importance of being healthy and safe and understand that making mistakes is part of learning;
- That children’s basic skills are enhanced through the cross curricular teaching of the National Curriculum;
- To make learning an active enjoyable process, relevant to the child’s needs and abilities in partnership with parents, Governors and the local community. We provide opportunities which challenge and promote confidence and encourage self-motivation, enhancing social, emotional, intellectual and physical development;
- That, within a safe, stimulating and responsive environment, we encourage each child to take responsibility for his/her own learning and ensure opportunities for all. In providing realistic targets for the children, everyone will know what is needed to improve.