The Pupil Premium is a Government initiative which allocates additional funds to schools to support pupils who have been registered for free school meals in the last six years, who are looked after or who are from Forces families.
At Pinner Park Infant and Nursery School we ensure that our provision supports the needs of all children in order for them to make progress, thrive and make successful relationships with all those around them.
Using Pupil Premium funding is one of the ways that we are able to target this support and it is allocated following a needs analysis which identifies priority classes, groups or individuals.
In this school the number of families registered for Free School meals is below average. We are aware that some families may be eligible but do not take this up, perhaps because of the introduction of Universal Free School Meals, but by looking at the range of support that can be accessed through this funding we hope they will be encouraged to register.
The range of provision that can be accessed is as follows:
- Speech and Language support
- Early Literacy Intervention in YR and Y1
- 1-1 or small group support in Literacy and Mathematics
- Additional teaching and learning opportunities in small groups within the Classroom
- Access to a Counsellor
- Social skills support
- Payment of trips out and visitors into school for families unable to meet these costs
- Funding attendance at clubs
- Helping with costs of school uniform
The progress of all children is tracked carefully to:
- ensure that any interventions or support received has an impact
- adjust provision as appropriate
- ensure that provision is cost effective
- investigate other ways to provide support
Please see the attached Reviews and Plan.
If you are in receipt of any of the benefits listed below please apply for your free school meal entitlement as the school will then receive ‘Pupil Premium Funding’ to further support your child in school. Pupil Premium Funding goes to the school whether your child has a meal from school or brings a packed lunch from home and is an important source of funding.
Benefits Payments –Income Support / Income Related Jobseekers Allowance / Income Related Employment Support Allowance / The Guaranteed element of Pension Credit / Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 / Child Tax Credit – Without Working Tax Credit – issued to you by HM Revenue and Customs, ensuring that your income is no more than £16,190.00 (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs). A form is available from the school office.